1. Rome 2. Jack Ruby 3. Walmington-on-Sea 4. Iranian 5. Aldous Huxley 6. Tchaikovsky 7. Stegosaurus 8. Wimbledon FC 9. Carlsberg 10. Not 100% sure on this one but I have a feeling it's not from one of the usual places so I'll guess Jamaica.
As requested, a general knowledge quiz. Wide ranging and very straight forward there are no tricks but one or two of the questions will need careful reading to avoid gong in the wrong direction. Oh, and no multi-choice answers - I'm nowhere near as kind as ARENA! ;D ;D ;D
1. New York’s main international airport was renamed John F Kennedy Airport in December 1963. What was its previous name?
2. How many yards are there in a furlong?
3. What was the name of Tonto`s horse in `The Lone Ranger`?
4. What is the link between The Dave Clark 5, Fat Larry`s Band and Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes?
5. Who composed the opera `The Barber Of Seville`?
6. In which year was The Highway Code first published?
7. If James is five, Henry is three, and Edward is two, who is one?
8. By what name is acetylsalicylic acid better known?
9. Who wrote the lyrics for the musical West Side Story?
10. If you were putting numbers on new changing room lockers to be numbered from 1 to 100, how many times would you use the number 9?
It's slowly dawned on me that Tonto must be the Lone Ranger's aboriginal sidekick. We're looking for a horse of a different color.
All I know about Tonto is a playground joke. He and the Lone Ranger are riding along an unfrequented byway when Tonto raises his hand in warning, dismounts and puts his ear to the ground. Many riders, he says. Sixty five, riding bareback, a mile and a half along the trail and headed this way. Sounds like the Apache braves are off the reservation looking for scalps. Goodness, says the Lone Ranger, or words to that effect - how can we escape? To which Tonto looks up and replies What do you mean "we", paleface?
"There's a holdup in the Bronx Brooklyn's broken out in fights There's a traffic jam in Harlem That's backed up to Jackson Heights There's a scout troop short a child Kruschev's due at Idlewild.......... Car 54, Where Are You?" ;D
The world has enough for people's need but not their greed